Summary: Some entrepreneurs talk about “fear start”. However, it would be a drag if you do not deal with success. Ron Koss, one of the founders of Earth’s Best Baby Food, shows that how to deal with fear can be something that is motivating and enlightening yourself and ultimately, will help you make smarter business decisions.
Adapted from a book titled “The Earth’s Best Story: A Bittersweet Tale of Twin Brothers Who sparked an Organic Revolution”.
Here’s a question to ponder if you are considering starting a business. What’s worse: never realize the idea that you like because you are afraid to fail, or to realize all the ideas that you have, but it may still have to deal with failure?
Is it a failure? I had to face this question is unexpectedly when my twin brother, Arnie, rolled into the parking lot of Ronald McDonald House (1984) in which my wife and I work as a manager and says, “I decided to run an organic baby food business. We have talked about it over the years. idea it was still good. nobody has done it. Why do not we? I will do it with or without you. “and then he left me in a state of chaos.
This is the question that the dramatic disturb my mind, when I saw a red van Arnie disappeared down the street. What if I live my life and never “fight” and never stuck with something, no matter what happens? What if I have to look back to back and face all the reasons why my dreams do not come true and anything that I craved never shed? What if I know that I only live a slice of the life but never live a whole, never explore other parts of this life because I think the challenge is impossible conquered, or on the other hand is not desired, or my expectations that can not be achieved?
Clearly, anxiety started not just disappear but the decision and willingness to pursue something I believe to push me forward. An unforgettable moment in my life. The result was the establishment of Earth’s Best Baby Foods, the first organic baby food company in the United States, and 150 million dollars worth of company owned by the Hain Celestial Group.
This is a potent 5 tips to overcome fear to start or if not, appreciate the fear.
1. Answer the question, “What if” for yourself. There are only two scenarios: if you set out to do and if you do not start doing. So take your time to answer these two questions and pour your thoughts into writing. You might be surprised what comes up.
2. Do not let your isolated in a vacuum. Avoid spinning in a circle and torture ourselves with the mental rotation “does not go anywhere”. Get out and talk to people you know brightest. Networking. Get perspective. Have curiosity. Throw questions and involve yourself with others who choose to do good and not jumps. Input will stimulate, guarantee, and will appear the next step forward by itself.
3. Know your nature and appreciate it. Most entrepreneurs are people who are always optimistic and this tendency often results in problems on the one hand, and the possibility of the other side. They are dreaming of success and tends to be reinforced with a brilliant idea and perhaps even strengthened themselves. How about you? Are you too preoccupied with failure, or more sure of success? If your answer is “failure”, it is an indication that there may be some incompatibility between the adventurous with your initial business of your dreams. Go back to Tip # 1, the question “What if” and imagine that you say goodbye to your ideas. You save that idea. Contemplate for a few days. By considering your nature, whether the idea would be a good or bad decision?
4. The problem can not be avoided. So do not plan to avoid it. Create a strategy on how you will deal with it. If the prospect is not pleasant and not galvanize you to be ready to work 24 hours 7 days a week or at least 12 hours a day 6 days a week, your initial fears will probably be your friend. Initial effort will be very draining even with the unimaginable. If you do not have passion, you may not have the necessary impetus required to fly all small businesses. There is no way to be half pregnant and there is no way to start half way.
5. Recognize your strengths and weaknesses. In connection with the initial idea, if you have enough sense to minimize flaws and overcome your weaknesses? Are you a collaborator? Can you give power to others and build a support network? If you tend to act without deliberation, think again. Collect the skills you have and the initial fear you will be more likely to be resolved. Remember, as an entrepreneur, you do not have to be “everything”. You just have to try to anticipate everything (no one can anticipate everything) and be a person with a lot of sense, find help and support you need to travel.
Use your fears. Listen to the fear. Understand and speak with your fears. Fear you can actually teach you many things. However, fear not your employer-or should not be. Empower yourself by not eliminating the fear to start, but by facing them directly and resolve it.