Richard Branson, who is known for his Virgin brand of over 360 companies, is a classic example of a brand that is unusual because his boss a desire to live out loud. Look at the flickering light in the eyes of Branson : He sustainably create new business lines with unyielding spirit like an adventurer.
Or look at the founders of Twitter : Biz Stone, Evan Williams and Jack Dorsey. People initially scoffed at the idea of 140-character “tweets “. But the ideas they have produced a communication platform that truly authentic that has been embraced around the world. And originality that is a stepping stone for Twitter.
So what happens when a central leader and a hard life full of challenges ? You get a brand that is not unusual. When a company has an unusual brand, the main focus of the brand is not out ( anticipate competition ) ; but more focused on internal issues. It is with regard to the brand by doing the best thing that inspires others and make changes.
Here are two ways you can do to forge a brand that does not just become a regular ordinary brand.
1. Set higher standards and then live with the standards apply.
What was once just a daydream in business practices, working within the parameters of social responsibility, is the start of an era. This is important for entrepreneurs and ideas for business leaders in the future. At Harvard Business School graduation last year, more than half the number of students who volunteered to follow a new MBA Oath designed by the students. The MBA oath stating that Harvard MBA students will act responsibly, ethically, and not in favor of ” narrow ambitions ” at the expense of those other parties.
How amazing is that? A group of people ( called ) elite states that greed is not useful and shows a passion to spread their new message.
Since then, more than 200 business schools worldwide have added to the MBA Oath commencement.
One of the three initiators of this Oath, Teal Carlock, said, ” As a class, we have a real opportunity to unite
and set a standard as business leaders. ”
What you can do
– Challenge yourself and your team to set a higher standard by using your brand to determine how to work in the business world today who have a social conscience. This can be interpreted as a re-evaluation of your vision for the future or how you serve customers. You want to send a clear and strong message about the positive influence of your brand owned and will continue in the future.
– Stages of whether you have created for your brand ? Visionary leader who creates a platform for themselves and their brand. Is the history of the brand and marketing messages aligned and support whatever platform you claim?
2. Ask and answer the question ” Why ” you.
Marketing expert Simon Sinek challenge the status quo and inspire others to make changes in this world. Sinek latest book titled ” Start with Why” studying the leaders who have great influence in the world. He found that they all think, act and communicate in a way that is very similar – that is the very opposite with everyone. These leaders represent and understand why their present organization, and the organization why they do what they do. Moreover, the great leader is never try to manipulate or control. They seek to inspire.
” Begin to see things from a different perspective by asking why,” Sinek suggestions. ” Large companies with a strong sense of why it has the ability to inspire people. Great leaders give goal or challenge to the people to develop the idea. ”
What can you do
- Start asking yourself ” Why ? ” Why my present organization, why he has a certain way ? This is referred to as a transformative process of discovery. Try it and then invite your team to do the same. Once you ‘ve found a reason to apply these findings to your brand. Does your brand reflect the motivation ? If not, it’s time to align your brand with the questions ” why ” you have.
In 1921 , George Bernard Shaw wrote, ” you see three things, and Suspected say, ‘ Why ? ‘ But I dream of things that never existed before, and I say: ‘ Why not ? ‘ ” I challenge you all the spirited entrepreneur battering ram to ask 2 questions yourself this : ” Why ? ” and ” Why not ? ”
This is the time to increase the passion for the sake of your brand and are willing to take risks and stand up to the challenge – the challenge of living together – every day. Nothing is more fun than seeing a demonstration of a brand that is hard to live with. Then the chase !