Key processes of the management team means that you have to clarify the objectives and targets team, ensuring that its members work well together, building the commitment and self-assurance, reinforce the collective approach and skill of the team, eliminating obstacle obstacles from the outside, and create opportunities for members of the team to develop their skills and competencies.
To run these tasks effectively, you need to understand:
- The significance of the team.
- The benefits of a team, the team can self-regulating.
- The factors that contribute to the effectiveness of the team.
- What needs to be done to achieve a better team cooperation.
- How to do a review of the performance of the team.
- How to analyze the performance of the team.
The significance of Team
As defined by the Katzenbach and Smith: a team is a small number of people with skills-skills that complement each other and are committed to an objective, performance targets and the same general approach where they rely on each other each other.
They suggest that some of the characteristics of a team that is as follows:
- Team-team it was the basic units of performance for most organizations. They bring together skill-skill, experience and insights from some of the people.
- A Teamwork goes for the Organization as a whole also a specific team. It represents ‘ a series of values that encourage behaviors, e.g. listen and respond in a cooperative against the viewpoints in Express with others, give the other person the benefit of the doubt, provides support for those who need it and recognize the importance and achievements of others. ‘
- It was in the shape of the team and driven by the challenges significant performance and demanding.
- A Team beat individuals who work alone or in groups a great organization, especially when performance requires a variety of skill, judgment and experience.
- A Team that is flexible and responsive to changes in events and demands. They can adjust her approach to information and new challenges with the speed, accuracy and effectiveness is higher than can be done individually trapped inside the network of connections-great organizational connection.
- High performance team with a lot of investing the time and effort to explore, form and agree on a destination that belongs to them, either collectively or individually. The team attributed to a feeling of profound commitment to their growth and success.
Richard Walton had commented that in the new organization-based commitment, often there will be team-team than an individual who will be the organizational units that can count on for the performance. However, teamwork, as already said Peter Wickens, ‘ it does not depend on the people who work in the group but all work toward the same goals.’
Nissan’s concept about teamwork, as in the quotation by Wickens, that in expressing in its General Principles and emphasized the need for:
- Enhance mutual trust and cooperation between the company, its employees and its labor unions.
- Recognizing that all employees, at any level, have an important role in the success of the company.
- Actively seeking contributions from all employees in developing these targets further.
Waterman has noted that teamwork was ‘ is a complicated affair; It requires people to cooperate towards a target or values that belong together. That does not mean that they always agree on the best way to get there. When they disagree, they should discuss, even arguing about these differences. ‘
Richard Pascale outlines underlined this point when he writes that successful companies are able to use the conflict to move forward: ‘ we almost always get better when a conflict arises and in the channel, instead of in the press. ‘
The pursuit of teamwork should not lead to a climate of ‘ software ‘ in the organization which never happens something new or challenging. To become ‘ one big happy family ‘ was very good, but it could be disastrous if it fosters a sense of complacency and a feeling glad that the spirit of family, it was more in the first, whatever happens in the outside world.
The Team can Self-regulating
Tom Peters strongly encourage the utilization of a team can self-regulating. He called it ‘ a small in a large ‘ principle and stated that if the organization built around this team then the result will be ‘ increase the focus, orientation, innovation and commitment of the individual. ‘
A team could organize itself that has the following characteristics:
- The team may be quite large – 12 to 15 people or even more, depending on the type of work involved, with a team leader.
- The team leader was responsible for the achievement of a schedule, quality, cost and development of the target people, also responsible for the ‘ management ‘ for their group, in other words associated with more senior management and supporting staff as well as external contacts and work with group-group to another.
- However, the role of team leader was primarily to act as a coordinator and facilitator; they expect to be more supportive and participated than directive.
- The team is highly autonomous, responsible to a certain level to plan and schedule work, solve problems, develop their own performance indicators, and establish and monitor the performance and quality standards of the team.
- Specifications-specification work was minimized, a member of the team operates flexibly inside a group, the tasks it in rotation among them and their multi talents.
- The team meets at least once a week as a group.
- Effectiveness as a member of the team that is the criteria in the performance appraisals.
Some form of payment from the team, which is associated with the performance of the group, may be provided.
- A Team in the push to develop new ideas to improve performance – an award for her suggestions were based team.
The Effectiveness Of The Team
An effective team that is probably the where the structure, leadership and operational methods relevant to the needs of the task.
There is a commitment to the task group and the people will be in the group right in a way that ensures that they are related to one another through the needs of the task and task interdependencies.
In an effective team, the goal was clear and its members feel that their job is important, both for their own or organization. According to Douglas McGregor the main features of a team which works fine and creative that is as follows:
- The climate tends to be informal, comfortable and relaxed.
- There are many discussions in which everyone participates initially, but it did keep in touch with the tasks of the group.
- Task or goal of the team was in a well understood and receipt by members. There will be a free discussion of the target at some point to it in the formulated in a way that makes the members of the team could commit themselves to it.
- Members of the team of mutual listening to each other. Any idea’s on listening. People seemed not afraid to deem foolish because it reveals a creative thinking even if it seems very extreme.
There will be disagreements. Dissent was not on tap or in the cover by the premature action of the team. The reasons to observe carefully, and the team are looking for ways to complete her than to dominate those who disagree.
- The decision generally accomplished through consensus where it is clear that all of the people that are in general agreement and are prepared to stick with it. A formal vote was minimal; the team did not receive a simple majority as an appropriate basis for action.
- The criticism that often, frankly and relatively comfortable. There is little evidence of personal attacks, either openly or concealed.
- People are free to express their feelings also their ideas about the problem and about the operations of the group.
- While the action taken, the assignment of clear it made and the receipt.
- The leadership team is not dominating, the team also not to bow down to him. There is little evidence of a struggle for power when the team operates. The issues it is not about who controls, but rather how the task was completed.
Things to Do in order to achieve a good Team Cooperation
- Establish the urgency and direction.
- Select members according to skill and potential expert skill in cooperating with other people, but still able to work alone when in need.
- Give special attention to first meetings and actions
- Assign tasks and performance-oriented targets, including targets overlap or connect to connect to the people who need to work together. This will take shape in the form of targets to achieve our project to solve through joint actions.
- To assess the performance of the people not only according to the results they hope to achieve, but also according to the rate at which they are a member of the team is good. Acknowledge and appreciate the people that have worked well in the team (use bonus scheme-the scheme team if appropriate) and remember that being part of a team that has a high performance itself can be a reward.
- Encourage people to build the network, the result was achieved in the organization, also in the outside world, on the basis of whom you know well what you know.
- Organize team projects between departments with a directive to work.
- Describe and think of the Organization as a system of interrelated team who are United in a common purpose. Do not emphasize the hierarchy. Eliminate departmental boundaries if it’s blocked, but do not be scared if there are disagreements – remember the value of constructive conflict.
- Organize meetings, special meetings ‘off-the-job’ for the team team workers so that they can come together and explore the issue of issues without the pressure of their daily work.
- Use a training program to strengthen the relationship. This can often provide much more useful results than a course rather than raise the skills or knowledge that pretends to have a purpose. Use skill-skill development team and an interactive training as other complementary approaches. But do not rely on it to give any effect except to convey the message in line with the culture and values of the organization.
Performance Review Team
Meeting the performance review team to analyze and estimate the input and control information about their shared achievements against targets, and planning the work. The agenda for the meeting as it could be is as follows:
1. Public Input – review about:
The development team as a whole.
Common problems facing the team that caused difficulty or recent developments.
Help and common obstacles to the operations team.
2. Review the work:
How well the team works (a checklist to analyze the performance of the team given below).
Review about the individual contributions made by each Member of the team.
Discuss each issue in the face of the new members of the team.
3. Problem solving group:
Analyze the cause-the cause for each problem.
Agreed on the steps that need to be taken to resolve or avoid it in order not to repeat itself.
4. Update targets and planning work:
Review about needs, new opportunities or threats.
Amendments and updates the targets and planning work.
Checklist for analyzing the performance of the Team
- How well we’ve been working together?
- Does everyone contribute?
- How well the team in the lead?
- How well we in analyzing a problem?
- How firmly we?
- How well we in initiating action?
- Do we simply concentrate towards the priority issues?
- Do we waste time for things that are not relevant?
- The level where people can express his thoughts without feeling oppressed by the other members?
- Is there any conflict, whether it be in express public and what is it about the issues than personality?